Past positive and negative Inquiry Survey Feedback that a store has accumulated are not eligible as ratings. The Ratings system has a higher standard and requires confirmed purchases. The older system did not limit feedback to buyers. Also, the terms by which users provided that feedback in the old system stated that it would be kept privately on file, and thus it cannot be used in this manner. That data is still on file, however, and can be used to the full extent for which it was collected.
We realize that sometimes buyers find ads on MorphMarket and contact the sellers directly via text or Facebook. Unfortunately, only transactions that involve a MorphMarket inquiry are eligible for ratings on our site. The reason is that we have no visibility into such transactions. This makes an already difficult problem of quality control completely impossible.
This could be caused by several reasons. Look at the rating on your ratings page to determine its current status. It could be pending confirmation by the seller. It may have lost in a dispute process.
Or it may be in reserved status.
First, please read about what reserved ratings are and why they exist in the ratings documentation. The short answer is there are no actions you can take at this time to affect this.
One thing that will cause ratings to be reserved is if the rater has their ratings disabled. If they will not display their ratings publicly then they cannot leave public rating feedback either.
We encourage users to wait until the item has been paid in full and delivered so that they have all the information they need to leave an accurate rating. For this reason we give users up to 90 days to create a review after the initial inquiry.
Modifying ratings and previous comments would create a lot of confusion. We also want to discourage rating retaliation, or the adjustment of ratings due to other ratings. However, as we do want to encourage problems to be worked out, we allow the buyer to revise their overall rating upward.
We allow users 90 days from the time of their inquiry to leave a rating. This period is long enough to accommodate the vast majority of purchases.
The most accurate ratings can be left when the experience is still fresh in both the mind of the buyer and seller. Also, if there are disagreements then they are best sorted out around the time of purchase. This may be why other sites like Ebay have the same type of policy.
An additional reason we do not allow unbounded ratings is to protect sellers from negative ratings about health issues that arise well after the purchase. Once sold, the well-being of the animal is largely out of the control of the seller and is more a function of the owner's care.
This scenario does not meet the requirements of the ratings system, which include a completed payment and a delivered item.
Sometimes delays are normal, especially around bad weather conditions in the winter. However, concerns about scams should be reported directly to us.
Unprovoked charge-backs should be reported to directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While MorphMarket does not interfere in the rating process (with a few exceptions), we have created the following options to address this situation:
- If possible, try to address the buyer's concerns on the side. After the initial rating, they are still able to revise their rating by raising the overall score as well as leave additional comments.
- Respectfully tell your side of the story by replying to each of the feedback comments.
- If you need more space to explain, create a thread in a supported forum with more details and link the rating to it for future readers to see.
- As a last recourse, you are permitted to opt out of having your ratings publicly shown.
- While it won't change your rating, you can also leave a Rating for the buyer as well.
- Take comfort knowing that even the best services receive a negative rating occasionally. People understand this and will interpret it in the context of other ratings. Make sure to mark all your items as sold to the buyers to encourage other ratings.