Store Approval Process
Being a seller on MorphMarket carries a higher level of responsibility. To help ensure MorphMarket remains a safer place for all customers to transact, we ask new sellers to confirm the identity of the owner on the account.
To help us verify, we require at least two types of photos like the ones shown below.
Photo 1: You, your animal, and its habitat
- This picture must be taken with at least one of your animals intended for sale, and in front of some of the enclosures of your collection.
- This is to help prove that you actually own and keep the animals in question.
- Your face must be clearly visible and identifiable.
Photo 2: Government issued ID card
- Typically this is a driver's license, but a passport, state ID, or military ID may work as well.
- You may cover up or blur out the specific ID # if you wish, but the other information should be visible and legible.
- The picture on this ID must match the face in the first photo.
- It needs to show the issuing government, your full name, and your date of birth.
- We do not need a picture of the back.
Store Owner Names
- The name on your ID must match the owner name on your public Store Profile.
- We allow obvious and common nicknames (e.g. Liz/Elizabeth) but do not allow pseudonyms or "stage names" of any kind.
- A preferred nickname may be included in parentheses or quotes. (e.g. John "Gunner" Smith or Christine (Coco) Jones).
These pictures are being sent to the business MorphMarket LLC. The email and photos will be deleted after your identity is verified.
If either of these photos seem insufficient, we may request more.
Why do we ask this?
- Our verification process helps protect YOUR identity. Let's say you are Jane H.G. Smith. If someone tries to setup an account with the name Jane H.G. Smith, we want to make sure it is really YOU and not an imposter stealing your identity. Without this proof, we cannot prevent this from happening.
- We have a zero tolerance policy on cybercrime and will work with law enforcement to investigate and prosecute online fraud. To that end we will retain in our private records your name, date of birth, city and state.
Situations where we do not require the ID photo:
- If you registered with a non-free email address from the ".com" domain of your reptile company's well established website (e.g., [email protected]). The well-established criteria is subjective and determined by us, but includes factors like length of domain ownership and significance of the design and content there.
What to do next
- Click here and send the photos OR state your exception. If you have trouble uploading photos, please email them to
- We will email you when we've approved your account. This will usually be within 24 hours but please allow up to 3 days. If you do not hear back from us in 3 days/72 hours (but NOT before then), please email us again! Occasionally an email will go to the spam folder and be overlooked.
- You can start creating ads right now before receiving our response. Once your account is approved they'll be visible to all users immediately.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.