Big announcement! MorphMarket is creating a new community-powered resource for herp morphs/traits/localities/etc.
- a continually updated, wide-coverage, high quality online source of morph information for all herps
- articles will consist of trait facts, descriptions, issues, and representative photos
- focus will be on single genes at first rather than combos (which are endless), as well as other traits such as localities
- primary version will be published on the market website, but the editable/source version (aka "talk pages") will be in our community forums
- all are welcome to provide input, but moderators will control updates, and experts will adjudicate controversial content
- recognized traits will be proven, and require either notable visual differences, significant community acceptance or marketplace traction. This is ultimately subjective but means that projects will require a level of maturity before they are accepted.
We invite you to take this short survey to help us pick the name. There's also a spot for experts to submit themselves to help.
This project is something we've been planning for years and are really excited about! It will truly be a community effort.