The beautify of these animals is one of the best parts of our hobby. MorphMarket breeders have uploaded more than a million photos of these spectacular specimens over the past few years.
We've just made a big improvement that will help you showcase your animals predictably. We are now using the same aspect ratio (or width-to-height ratio) for photos of animals across the site.
Great photography requires great composition. Fundamentally, that's where you place the animal within the photo. You don't normally want to show buyers a photo with part of the animal missing from the image, unless you're providing multiple photos. In order to make your photos look great on our site, you want to understand how MorphMarket prepares and displays those images.
For consistency and versatility we have chosen to CONTINUE using the same aspect ratio which has been in use on our site since the beginning in the search results thumbnails. This ratio is roughly 6:5 (specifically 45:38). However, various other parts of the site were not respecting that rule.
You don't need to crop your photos to this size because our site will continue to do that for you. But you should be aware that this is a narrower photo than what your phone will take by default (which is typically 4:3).
Here are different places you'll see animal photos:
- When you upload your photos in the Edit Animal page, it'll show you exactly how it's going to look.
- This is the way it'll appear in search results as well as on the new animal ad pages.
- Note that users can still tap to zoom and see the full uncut photos on the animal pages.
- This aspect ratio is also being used on all the other parts of the site including Offspring, Collection, and Morphpedia images.
- This work was one of the important things for us to address before retiring the old search and old ad pages. Almost there!
We recommend animal photos which are at least 1500px wide, but more than 10mb in size.
Store logos are a different matter. We recommend a square format, but it will still show the original format of your logo on your store page.
Let us know if you have any questions!