Morphpedia is a new knowledge base of herp traits, genes and localities. In early October, we launched version 1.0. In the past few weeks, we quietly released version 1.1 which includes new features and have also published many more articles.
Morphpedia now contains almost 150 published articles. We've also added support for multiple categories and now have over a dozen Reticulated Python traits.
Other recently added features:
- Better controls for exploring traits, including:
- Searching by gene
- Searching by gene complexes
- A slider for origin date
- Links from the trait index in the marketplace back into Morphpedia articles
- Availability data to show how common a trait is in the marketplace
- Symmetrical linking of related traits
- Footnotes, because references are important!
- Ability to share to Facebook - so you can help spread the word about this resource, and get more folks contributing
- Graph showing availability date over time for each trait
- Tags generated from complexes and issues
- Improved related trait data by incorporating gene complexes
Find Morphpedia on our website or at www.morphpedia.com along with videos that explain how it works. Please come and contribute knowledge to the community about your favorite genes.